Wednesday, 18 November 2015
JEE Main 2016 Application Process
This post will talk about Application process of Joint Entrance Exam - Main 2016. JEE Main 2016 Application process will explain the sensitive queries such as JEE Main 2016 online form filling process, correction and mistakes in JEE Online Application Form, fees et cetra.
JEE Main 2016 Application form
The Application forms for JEE Main 2016 will be available on the official website of Joint Entrance Exam from 1 December, 2015: JEE Offlicial Website
- A candidate must have it's own unique email address and mobile number ready.
- A candidate is required to set a strong password for JEE Main Online Application Form.
- > The password must be 8 -13 characters long.
- > It must contain a capital case letter, small case letter, a special character and a number compulsorily. e.g. (SomeStrongPass@456)
- A candidate must be ready with scanned copies of a coloured passport size photograph, left thumb impression, a running hand signature in JPG/ JPEG format. The important points for the same are given below.
Important: Candidates can edit their mistakes done in Online JEE Main 2016 Application Form only before payment of the Application Fees.
Important points for scanned images.
- The scanned images of coloured photograph, thumb impression and signature should be in jpeg/jpg format only.
- Size of the photograph image file must be greater than 4 kb and lesser than 40 kb.
- Size of the signature image file must be greater than 1 kb and lesser than 30 kb.
- Size of the thumb impression image file must be greater than 1 kb and lesser than 30 kb.
- Photograph image should be of the dimension of 3.5 cm(width) x 4.5 cm(Height) only.
- Signature image should be of the dimension of 3.5 cm(length) x 1.5 cm(Height) only.
- Thumb impression image should be of the dimension of 3.5 cm(length) x 1.5 cm(Height) only.
- The candidate's name must be same as the name displayed in the marksheet of the qualifying exam (XII class)
- A candidate can fill / apply using only one application form.
- After the registration, the candidate must note the application no. and login ID as it will be later used in all kind of tasks related to JEE Main 2016.
- A candidate who wishes to appear for JEE Advanced 2016 is required to select his/ her choices of JEE advanced examination cities. They will be required to register again for JEE Advanced 2016.
A candidate is NOT REQUIRED to send his / her application form supporting document copies to the CBSE office.
JEE Main 2016 Application fees
|Papers||Pen and Paper based exam||Computer based exam|
|JEE Main Paper 1 or JEE Main Paper 2 only||1000 boys|
|Both (JEE Main paper 1 & 2)||1800 boys|
|For exam centre opted in Foreign Country|
|JEE Main paper 1 (B.E. / B.Tech.) or JEE Main paper 2 (B.Arch./B.Planning) only||2500 boys|
|Both JEE Main paper 1 (B.E. / B.Tech.) and JEE Main paper 2 (B.Arch./B.Planning)||3800 boys|
Modes of payment of application fee
- E- challan: The payment can be done using e-challans from various nationalized banks. The banks include ICICI Bank, Syndicate Bank, Canara and HDFC Bank. The JEE Main 2016 Application fees can be paid in cash on any nearest brances of the above banks.
- Credit Cards: All major credit cards are accepted. (1.2% of application fee and service tax will also be added to the application fee total)
- Debit Cards (additional charge: 0.75% of application fee with standard service tax (1% more tax when fees exceeds Rs. 2000)
Important points for candidates
- Candidate must note the application number generated after registration for future use.
- Candidate must download and keep copy of the Acknowledge Receipt generated after the application submission process for future use.
- Candidate is advised to have kept at least 10 copies of the photograph attached in the application form.
- Candidate must keep copy of the Demand Draft or transaction details if paid online.
This was a walk-through the JEE Main 2016 Application Procedure. If you have any questions, comments, suggestion, then feel free to post a comment, we will get back to you asap.